Effective Date: 09/21/2016
- WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- HOW WE USE COLLECTED PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
- SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES FOR CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- POLICY CHANGES
- PRIVACY SHIELD POLICY
Version: United States, Mexico; South Africa; Colombia; Venezuela; Peru; Ecuador; Chile, Uruguay, Brazil; Singapore; Philippines; Indonesia; Malaysia; Thailand; Japan, People’s Republic of China; New Zealand
Effective Date: 09/21/2016
To the extent identification is required by local law, the data controller is Experticity, Inc.
Experticity, Inc is subject to the investigatory and enforcement authority of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit our sites, we collect personal information about you (including name, address, telephone number, email address, username, and password) (“Personally Identifying Information”) when you fill out forms, communicate with us through our sites, or create an online profile. We may collect personal information that you make publicly available, such as if you make a comment on another user’s content.
We may also collect certain information about your use of our sites such as information about your computer, including your IP address, the type of browser you are using, and your computer’s operating system. Except as otherwise explained in this Policy or as may be prohibited by law, we may combine this information with your personal information.
When you create an online profile, you may choose to provide optional information such as your employer, training modules completed, purchases you make, photographs, points earned, etc. Any information you provide on your profile is subject to this Policy. Information you choose to upload or publish to a public area of your profile will appear on the sites, and may be viewed by other members. If you choose to include Personally Identifying Information in a public area of the sites, you consent to the public disclosure of the Personally Identifying Information you choose to post. If you do not wish to publish your Personally Identifying Information in this manner, please do not include it in material you post to a public area of the sites. We provide you ways to control the sharing of your profile, generally, and data within your profile at the following link: www.experticity.com/account..
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
Our sites also uses “cookies” (small data files stored on your computer) and other tracking technologies to collect information about your visit to our sites. The cookies and tracking technologies we use do not capture Personally Identifying Information. The information that is captured about your visit may be used in a variety of ways, such as to monitor and maintain information about your visits to our sites, to help us identify and address problems, to improve our sites, to analyze web traffic trends, and to help protect the security and integrity of our sites. You may set your browser not to accept cookies or to notify you when you receive cookies, giving you the opportunity to decide whether to accept cookies. If you do not accept cookies, you may still use our sites, but your experience may be degraded. We may also use pixel tags (also known as “clear gifs,” “Web beacons,” or “1-by-1gifs”) on our sites. These may be used in connection with certain pages of our sites or with email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications and our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, and to assist us in resolving issues that may arise on our site.
HOW WE USE COLLECTED PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
We may use the Personally Identifying Information we collect for the following purposes:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding our site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or other administrative information;
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, if you have agreed to receive such messages;
- to personalize your experience on our site by presenting content tailored to you;
- to allow you to take and keep track of training;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our site, improving our services, identifying usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- to use information about your activities on the site to communicate your training progress to your employers and in some cases to offer you retail discounts;
- for other purposes which are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
We may also use information that we receive about you from your employer and data providers who assist us in processing requests, maintaining our data, and optimizing our services.